Fleet Maintenance Manager / Mechanic
The Fleet Maintenance Manager / Mechanic will be responsible for the management, scheduling and performance of maintenance and repairs of all on highway and off highway vehicles and support equipment under the control of the company. Such equipment consists of Class 1 thru 8 vehicles including trucks, semi-tractors, trailers, tank trailers, forklifts, pickups and other support equipment. It will be the responsibility of the successful candidate to ensure compliance with all State, Federal laws and regulations as they relate to the maintenance and repairs of vehicles and equipment. Full time, Salary position, actual compensation will be tailored to quality of applicant. Benefits include Health Insurance and Simple IRA.
The person employed in this position will additionally be responsible for:
- The documentation and completion of all maintenance records and work orders for all repairs and maintenance that are performed, and for the entering of such data into the Fleet Maintenance Professional program
- Periodically supervising and working with company drivers that sometimes assist with vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Assisting upper level company management with the formulation of long range planning and budgets
- Assist in ensuring proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/trailer inspections.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies as may effect fleet operations.
- Coordinate efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- The acquisition of all parts, tires, materials and the related submission of all receipts and invoices to the company
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of parts and materials used
- Performing all preventative maintenance and repairs while following industry standards as referenced in state and federal law while utilizing the recommendations and recognized practices of ASE and the American Trucking Association Technology and Maintenance Council.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, repairing, rebuilding, replacing components or making arrangements for the outside repair of company equipment
- Maintaining and promoting a clean and safe work environment
- The monitoring of and procurement of special permits as related to vehicles operating on the highway
- Helping to maintain company facilities and sites.
- Working with other employees and customers of the company in a mannerism such as to promote a positive work environment
- Communicating with the Operations Manager and Senior management as related to vehicle repairs and status
- Responding after hours or working overtime in the event of equipment breakdown or accident.
- The performance of other duties as assigned Applicants for the position should possess the following minimum attributes and qualities whether acquired naturally, by previous work experience or in a structured course of schooling.
- An ability to self-supervise and manage multiple projects both short term and long term
- Class A CDL with Tank and Doubles Trailer endorsement.
- A driving record clear of other than minor driving infractions for the past 3 years
- A minimum of 5 years verifiable hands on experience as a heavy and light duty commercial vehicle truck, semi-tractor, trailer, tank trailer mechanic with attention to the repair and maintenance of such equipment.
- A minimum of ASE certification in areas T2, T3, T4, T5, T8, A4, A5, or a graduate of a certified mechanic program covering such areas.
- A minimum of 2 years verifiable experience as a lead person or supervisory person in an industrial setting.
- Computer and software usage experience.
- The ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and equipment repair manuals.
- Experience in the cutting, welding, and fabrication of steel and aluminum utilizing MIG, TIG, Plasma Torch and Oxy- Acetylene processes.
- Familiarity and experience in the safe operation and use of basic shop tools such as jacks, grinders, drills, end lifts and air tools.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of aluminum tank trailers and their structures.
- Must possess and furnish their own smaller air tools and hand tools as commonly associated with a journeyman master mechanic such as ¾” drive socket set, larger wrench sets, precision measuring devices such as micrometers and dial indicators, and basic electrical diagnostic meters and probes.
- An ability to work and communicate well with other persons and to be accepting of new processes and procedures.
Physical Attributes required for this position include:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Full time Precision Ag Technical Service/ Sales Team Member
Ag Enterprise Supply, Inc. is looking for a full time Precision Ag Technical Service/ Sales Team Member. We are a Raven Industries Platinum Partner Distributor as well as being a full-line distributor of agricultural application parts and equipment. The Ag Enterprise customer base continues to expand with Precision Application Equipment in Broad-acreage Agriculture, OEM Partner support, Road/ Street Vegetation Management, Golf/ Turf Technologies, and others. Our business is continuing to expand and we are looking for team members who want to be a part of this ever-changing fast-paced industry.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Field service and technical support of Precision Ag components
- In-person training and assisting in developing online training tools for customers
- Provide industry-leading customer service and technical support
- Sales, Installation, and Maintenance of precision application equipment
- Assisting in our parts department with inventory management and sales when necessary
- Strong work ethic and desire to be an integral part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Precision Equipment including GPS technology, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. Experience and/or education in Precision Ag is required
- Ability to work extra hours plus some Saturdays, especially during the farming seasons
- Maintain a clean and professional work area
- Must be detail oriented, yet flexible to deal with a variety of people and tasks while working as an integral part of our existing team
- Must be able to work from written descriptions, drawings, and verbal direction
- Willingness to learn
- Computer skills- basic Microsoft Office knowledge
- Must have a clean driving record
- Competitive wages- based on qualifications
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation/ Sick Leave Submit resumes via email at: email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of resume within 48 hours. If you have not received confirmation within this time frame, please call.